UMM Survey Reports
UMM Common Data Set (The Common Data Set initiative is a collaborative effort among data providers in the higher education community and publishers to develop clear, standard data items and definitions.)
Graduating Senior Survey Trends Report (also known as the "Graduate Exit Survey").
This report includes UMM responses for 2002-2007, as well as
the Twin Cities, Duluth, and Crookston responses for the most recent survey. Note: some questions from earlier surveys were not included in the 2007 survey.
- UMM CIRP Freshman Survey Trends, 1985-2006
The Cooperative Institutional Research Program (CIRP) is a national longitudinal study of the American higher education system. Established in 1966 at the American Council on Education, the CIRP is now administered by the Higher Education Research Institute. The CIRP is the nation's largest and oldest empirical study of higher education, involving data on some 1,800 institutions and over 11 million students. The annual report of the CIRP Freshman Survey provides normative data on each year's entering college students.
The National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) obtains, on an annual basis, information from hundreds of four-year colleges and universities nationwide about student participation in programs and activities that institutions provide for their learning and personal development. The results provide an estimate of how undergraduates spend their time and what they gain from attending college. Survey items on The National Survey of Student Engagement represent empirically confirmed "good practices" in undergraduate education. That is, they reflect behaviors by students and institutions that are associated with desired outcomes of college.
- 2014 UMM Snapshot
- 2014 UMM High-Impact Practices
- 2014 UMM Engagement Indicators
- 2014 UMM Module-Experiences with Writing
- Note: 2014 NSSE results require x.500 login to access.
- 2004 UMM NSSE Survey Report (PowerPoint presentation)
- 2004 NSSE Benchmarks (PDF document download)
- 2002 NSSE Survey
- 2002 UMM NSSE Survey Report (PowerPoint presentation)
- 2002 NSSE Benchmarks (PDF document download)
- 2001 Student Experiences Survey
- (10/01 PowerPoint Presentation to the Board of Regents--revised version)
Graduate Follow-up Survey Results (Career Center link)